Date first appointed: 1/4/2013
Date of last election: 30/5/2019
Secretary from 1/6/2019
Attendance at board meetings in FY20/21: 4/4
Key directorships and appointments in other charities / organisations:
• Chairman, THK Nursing Home Ltd. and Eu Yan Sang International Ltd.
• Board Member, Ang Mo Kio-THK Hospital
• Pro-chancellor, Singapore University of Social Sciences (SUSS)
• Director, Family Business Network Asia Ltd., Dragonfly Education Holdings Pte. Ltd., Future Ready Alliance Pte. Ltd., Nippon Life India Asset Management (Singapore) Pte. Ltd., and Vanda Global Capital Pte. Ltd.
• Independent Non-Executive Director, Broadway Industrial Group
Ltd., and Tuan Sing Holdings Ltd.
Richard Eu was appointed as Chairman of the Eu Yan Sang International Ltd (EYSI) board on 1 October 2017.
Prior to this appointment, Richard served as the Group CEO of EYSI since 2002, transforming it into one of Asia’s largest TCM groups today. Under his leadership for over 28 years, the Group has successfully established itself in the broader market of natural wellness and has introduced TCM to new consumers with products and services to meet the needs of a modern lifestyle.
Richard Eu was named the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year 2011 (Singapore) and represented Singapore at the Ernst & Young World Entrepreneur of The Year 2012 award in Monte Carlo, Monaco. He was also recognised as the CEO of the year by the Singapore Corporate Awards 2010, for SGX-listed companies with a market capitalisation of under S$300 million. In 2016, he was lauded as the Brand Leader of the Year by Influential Brands.
Prior to joining Eu Yan Sang, Richard, who holds a Bachelor of Laws (LLB) degree from London University, UK, worked in merchant banking, investment management, stock broking, computer distribution and venture capital.
Apart from private sector interests, Richard actively participates in community projects and non-profit organisations. Most recently, Richard was conferred the Public Service Medal (PBM) at the Singapore National Day Awards 2020 in recognition of his contribution to society as Chairman of Singapore University of Social Sciences.